Monday 28 June 2010

Dentistry Indonesian style...

I started to have some tooth pain a while back, with one of my wisdom teeth making a concerted break for freedom. The area around the tooth became swollen and infected, I couldn’t really open or close my mouth, it was very painful, and I developed a fever. It got so bad that I was actually looking forward to a trip to the dentist – certainly a novel experience. I decided against one of the numerous backstreet dentists and went to the very new, very modern hospital just down the road. It’s a very shiny professional place, where they gave me some antibiotics and advised me to have it removed. The antibiotics were amazing, they killed the infection straight off, but I’ve yet to have the tooth removed. A dentist friend back home generally recommends against extraction, so I'm going with this option at the moment; mainly because I'm a coward, but also because every time I go to a privately run hospital I always have a suspicion that they are trying to sell me procedure that I don't necessarily need. However, if it gets infected again, I shall have to have it removed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment